As a Site Reliability/DevOps Engineer at Curse, you will be part of the team that is responsible for the setup, deployment, management, and troubleshooting of mission critical infrastructure for some of the most popular gaming websites in the world. In this role, you will be responsible to help architect, design, and build out key systems, their configuration management, and overall infrastructure orchestration. The team as a whole is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company's sites and services, both internal and external, and ensures an overall uptime of no less than 99.95%.
Curse offers unlimited PTO, catered meals and unlimited snacks, diverse health coverage plans, tickets to gaming conferences, and fun company activities. Fantastic perks to be sure but these aren't why you should apply at Curse. Working at Curse is being excited to get up and go to work every day. Curse is collaborating with smart, dedicated, and motivated people who love playing games and making great tools for gamers.
We've recently leveled up by becoming part of Twitch, the world's leading social video platform and community for gamers. We are all really excited to see how we can bring Curse services into the Twitch network, and provide an unparalleled experience to both Curse and Twitch users.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply development principles to infrastructure management
- Develop and maintain configuration management systems to improve reliability and uptime
- Develop orchestration tools to aid in the deployment and maintenance of mission critical infrastructure
- Adhere to technical policies, standards, and best practices set by the IT Director
- Routinely perform system audits to ensure security and system reliability
- Troubleshoot infrastructure and software issues across a variety of applications
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation to support site outages or performance issues
- Consistently meet or exceed SLA obligations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Possess a solid understanding of both network and systems security
- Familiar with database architecture and SQL queries
- Experience with infrastructure as code
- Experience with Continuous Delivery
- Previous use of one or more core technologies: IIS, Apache, Nginx, Varnish
- Experience with shell scripting and at least one scripting language
- Strong knowledge of UNIX/Linux and Microsoft operating systems
- Experience working with AWS for production workloads
- Developed solutions for Windows Server
- Passion for gaming
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Curse. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
There was an error submitting your application.
Hmm, that's strange... perhaps you should try again.